Have you ever think a single beverage can do miracles to your health?
Yes, its sugarcane Juice!
There are a lot of health benefits of sugarcane juice that you have ever imagined.
In this comprehensive post you are going to read:
- What is Sugarcane Juice?
- Sugarcane Juice Nutrients:
- Health Benefits of Sugarcane Juice:
- 3 Simple Ideas to Consume Sugarcane Juice at Home:
- Side Effects of Sugarcane Juice (and How to minimize them)
- How to Pick Ripped Sugarcane?
- How to Store or Preserve Sugarcane at Home?
- The Bottom Line:
Sugarcane juice is a beverage extracted by pressing the sugarcanes in machines.
This beverage is so much popular in the areas where sugarcane is commercially grown.
Here are some of the regions, such as Latin America, North Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent in which sugarcane is grown on commercial bases to produce sugar and sugar products.
In the subcontinent (if you have visited ever), you must have seen the machines around which many people are standing and enjoying sugarcane juice.
And that is why, some time ago, sugarcane juice was declared as the national drink of Pakistan.
And while it’s true that no matter what the weather is, sugarcane juice appears to be an all-time favorite over any refreshments and other drinks.
In the summer it cools the body, so in the winter it is very beneficial to drink without ice.
But did you know that apart from being delicious and sweet, this juice is extremely beneficial and healthier than any superfood?
If not, you will get to know about sugarcane juice as it can be a natural solution to many health ailments.
Before discussing the Health Benefits of Sugarcane Juice, I want you to take a look at the nutrients contained in sugarcane juice.
Nutrients in Sugarcane Juice:
Sugarcane juice is rich in nutrients such as Calcium, cobalt, copper, chromium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc are found in sugarcane juice.
In addition, sugarcane juice contains a good amount of protein, antioxidants and soluble fiber along with Vitamin A, C, B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6. (1)
All these nutrients play a vital role in the overall health of the body.
However, due to all that nutritious content, sugarcane juice has several benefits for health.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice:
Sugarcane juice has many health benefits for various health issues; like diarrhea, gastrointestinal infections, and dehydration, cancer, and kidney diseases, skin diseases and much more.
In addition to all that, sugarcane juice helps to boost the immune system by giving energy to the human body.
Let’s dive right into the real story of the Health Benefits of Sugarcane Juice.
1. Sugarcane Juice Fights against Liver Diseases
It’s a proven fact, that sugarcane juice strengthens the liver and helps in different symptoms of jaundice—that is caused by extra heat in the liver.
Sugarcane juice is not less than a panacea for patients with jaundice. (2)
It contributes to the patient’s early recovery by maintaining the level of glucose in the body.
Various researches have proven that sugarcane juice is very beneficial for liver health; as it naturally increases the ability of the liver to function properly.
2. Useful for kidneys Health
Sugarcane Juice makes the kidney function properly.
Regular use of sugarcane juice is beneficial to maintain the flow of urine, which helps in treating urinary tract infections, kidney stone diseases and improves kidney function. (3)
3. Useful against Inflammation and Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Infection in any part of the urinary system (kidney, bladder or urethra) is called Urinary Tract Infection.
This problem can affect anyone at any age.
The person who is suffering from these diseases has to face problems like burning and pain while urinating.
To get rid of this problem, you can consume sugarcane juice.
Sugarcane juice acts as an effective diuretic, which can give you relief from urinary tract infections and improve kidney functions. (4)
Here’s how you can use sugarcane juice to treat UTI:
- Mix lemon juice 1 tablespoon, coconut water 1 cup, in 1 glass of sugarcane juice.
- Take this mixture twice a day to get relief from UTI and Inflammation.
4. Sugarcane Juice Strengthens your Bones
Since sugarcane juice contains calcium and phosphorus, it plays an important role in strengthening of bones. (Especially in children)
In rural areas, children are usually given small sugarcane sticks to suck them.
So that they can get sugarcane juice because when the children get younger.
It is very important for their bones to be strong and the calcium contained in sugarcane will help keep their bones and teeth strong.
5. Sugarcane Juice Improves Digestion
Sugarcane juice is the best remedy for digestion problems and constipation.
Similarly, the juice is also effective in treating gastric acidity and heartburn.
Here’s how it works:
Sugarcane juice has laxative properties and its proper intake helps improve intestinal functions which also helps to relieve constipation. (5)
6. Sugarcane Juice Increase Physical Energy
Sugarcane juice provides strength to your body and keeps your body cool during the summer.
As you know…
Sugarcane juice is rich in carbohydrates, proteins, iron, potassium and other nutrients which are sufficient to make it a good energy drink. (6)
Intake of sugarcane juice produces plasma and bodily fluids that help to relieve heat and exhaustion.
Resultantly, making you feel more energetic.
A glass of cold juice (especially in the summer) restores physical energy.
7. Sugarcane Juice Improves Muscle Strength
Sugarcane juice is an excellent source to maintain and improve muscle strength and provides the body with the natural glucose needed by the body. (7)
When the glucose level in the body is maintained, the muscle remains strong and healthy.
And what is the best source to maintain your glucose level?
Obviously, the sugarcane!
8. Sugarcane Helps in Weight Loss
Although, sugarcane juice is naturally sweet, yet it helps to reduce excess body weight. (8)
Here’s how it works for weight loss:
Sugarcane juice lowers the level of harmful cholesterol in the body, which is one of the major causes of body weight gain.
Moreover, the fiber content contained in it also helps to regulate body weight.
9. Sugarcane is Useful against a Sore Throat
Sugarcane juice is the best home remedy for the treatment of a sore throat, inflammation, flu, jaundice, and migraine as well. (9)
Vitamin C in this juice is a good remedy for a sore throat, while the antioxidants contained in it help to control the viral infection.
If you feel a sudden sore throat, a glass of sugarcane juice can help you control it.
You have to make sure that you squeeze lemon juice and a pinch of black salt powder in it. And, Boom!
10. Sugarcane Juice Help you Fulfill Iron and Blood Deficiency
Anemia is a liver disease that causes you deficiency of blood in the body.
People with anemia are recommended to drink sugarcane juice because it contains a good amount of iron. (11)
Iron is important for the human body because its presence does not cause anemia and the body functions properly.
However, jaggery can also help you in this regard.
Jaggery is made from sugarcane juice is the best source of iron. Jaggery has a light brown color and it is very sweet and delicious to eat.
Eating a lump of jaggery after the meal will help you digest the meal quickly and it will produce iron in the body.
In this way, you will get rid of iron and blood deficiency in your body.
11. Sugarcane Juice is Beneficial for Oral Health
The benefits of sugarcane juice are not limited to the body itself, but sugarcane juice is beneficial for oral health.
Sugarcane juice is full of minerals that prevent tooth decay and bad breath.
If you are facing the issues of tooth decay, bleeding gums, or bad breath; drink 1-2 glass of sugarcane juice daily for one week, and see the difference.
12. Sugarcane Juice helps you Reduce Fever
You may not be aware but sugarcane juice can be helpful in treating fever.
For a patient, suffering from fever, the doctors themselves instruct them to drink sugarcane juice.
Drinking sugarcane juice reduces the risk of protein deficiency during fever, which causes physical weakness and pain.
13. Sugarcane Juice is Beneficial for Heart Health
You will be wondering, how sugarcane is related to heart health.
But, here is the secret:
Sugarcane juice is a source of protection against heart diseases as it does not allow cholesterol levels to rise in the body. (11)
When the cholesterol level in the body is maintained, consider yourself Healthy by Heart.
14. Sugarcane Juice Makes your Skin Glowing
Sugarcane juice is considered as a special drink for the skin. The fiber present in it helps the digestive system to run smoothly, which also has positive effects on the skin.
Sugarcane juice is also found to have antioxidant properties, which protect the skin from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays, leading to skin glow. (12)
Here’s how you can use sugarcane juice to glow your skin:
- One-quarter cup of sugarcane juice
- A spoonful of honey
How to Use It:
- Add honey to sugarcane juice.
- Apply it on the face and neck like lotion and leave it for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes you can wash the face with cold water.
Note: This remedy can be repeated twice a week.
15. Sugarcane Juice Works Best against Acne
Sugarcane juice is the best source of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), and alpha hydroxy acid is considered as a special ingredient for the skin. (13)
Alpha hydroxy acids contain glycolic acid, lactic acid, malic acid, tartaric acid, and citric acid, which are widely used in cosmetic products.
These acids can play an important role in relieving acne.
Sugarcane juice is a good remedy that is helpful in treating skin problems such as acne, pimple, and wrinkles as well.
If you are experiencing acne and pimples most often, try using this sugarcane juice face mask.
- Sugarcane Juice
- Fuller’s Earth Clay (Multani Mitti)
How you can use this:
Make a paste by adding sugarcane juice to the Fuller’s Earth Clay.
Now apply the paste on the face and neck as well.
Let the paste on face for about 20 minutes and then wash with cold water.
You can do this remedy once or twice a week to get rid of acne (completely).
16. Sugarcane Juice Protects Your Skin from Aging:
Are you thoughtful about appearing wrinkles in your youth that has made you look older than you age?
Stop worrying then!
Rather start drinking sugarcane juice from today, which contains antioxidants, flavonoids, and phenols, etc. that help slow down the effects of aging on the body while restoring the skin’s moisture.
Moreover, sugarcane juice can work to relieve aging. The antioxidants and alpha hydroxy acid present in it act as an effective anti-aging agent. (14)
They protect the skin from wrinkles and the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun that causes wrinkles on your face, and hence you look older more than your age.
Besides drinking sugarcane juice, you can use it in a paste along with some other herbs:
Here’s how you can use it for anti-aging benefits:
- 2-3 teaspoons of sugarcane juice
- 1/4th teaspoon of turmeric
How you can use this:
Add turmeric to sugarcane juice and mix to make it smooth.
Apply the mixture on the entire face and let it for 10-12 minutes.
Now wash the face with fresh water.
You can repeat this twice a week. After 2-3 uses you will feel the difference.
17. Sugarcane Juice Help you Heal Wounds
Along with other benefits for the skin of sugarcane juice, it is also helpful in healing the open wounds.
Here’s how it works:
Sugarcane Juice contains a large amount of Sucrose Sugar, which naturally helps to heal wounds. (15)
Sucrose is produced in plants (naturally), from which table sugar is refined.
As the sugar in sugarcane juice helps to heal the wound naturally, so it can be beneficial to pour the juice directly on the wound.
But it should be noted that the wounds should not be so deep.
Side Effects of Sugarcane Juice: (How to Minimize Them)
There is no doubt that sugarcane juice is a beneficial beverage, but excessive intake of it can cause the following problems:
- Sugarcane is of cold effect, so avoid its consumption in winter (especially in snow season).
- Avoid sugarcane juice sold on the roadside, as this juice may contain harmful germs, which can cause stomach problems.
- Do not drink sugarcane juice extracted too long ago; it may affect your health. (Drink within a half an hour)
- Sugarcane juice is not inferior to any medicine during summer, so whenever you get a chance, consume sugarcane juice.
- Also, keep in mind that its juice has been extracted in a clean manner. Otherwise, it can also be harmful due to exposure to dirt.
- If you are suffering from any of the problems mentioned in the article, then use sugarcane juice as natural medicine.
- If you notice any symptoms of physical problems during regular intake, then definitely contact the doctor.
How you can pick and store Sugarcane at home for a long time?
Here is a short guide to Pick and Store Sugarcane at Home:
- In order to enjoy sugarcane juice, its right choice is very important.
- Always choose only that sugarcane, whose leaves are dry.
- Try to lightly hit the finger on the sugarcane, if the sound comes like hitting a metal, it means that the sugarcane has completely ripened.
- So, pick this one.
- Whenever you buy a big stick of sugarcane cut it into small pieces so that you can keep it well in the refrigerator.
- Be sure to remove the peels before placing them in the refrigerator.
- You can also cover the sugarcane pieces with plastic paper so that they are protected from external moisture.
- If this procedure is followed properly, sugarcane can be stored for two weeks.
How to Use Sugarcane Juice at Home?
Sugarcane Juice is a very beneficial natural drink, which you can consume in a variety of ways.
Here are some of the best sugarcane recipes below:
- Homemade Sugarcane Juice
- Sugarcane and Ginger Slush
- Sugarcane Juice with other Juices
1. Homemade Sugarcane Juice
- Sugarcane: 1 stick
- One tablespoon ginger chopped
- Lemon juice to taste
- Black salt to taste
The Sugarcane Juice Making Process:
- Peel off the sugarcane and cut it into very small pieces.
- Now pour all the ingredients in the blender and blend well for some time.
- Now squeeze the juice from the blended ingredients with the help of your hands or through a muslin cloth and pour it into the glass.
- Cool the extracted juice for some time and drink.
2. Sugarcane and Ginger Slush
- A cup of sugarcane juice
- A spoonful of ginger juice
- Half a teaspoon black salt
The Process to make the Slush:
- Combine ingredients and freeze in refrigerator tray for 12 hours.
- Now remove the freeze cane mixture and blend for a while.
- Remove the sugarcane slush in the cup and enjoy it.
3. Other Juices
You can also drink sugarcane juice by mixing it with other fruit juices, such as:
- Pomegranate Juice
- Melon juice, and
- Coconut water
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long can sugarcane juice be drunk?
Try to drink sugarcane juice fresh. If the sugarcane juice is not kept in the fridge, it begins to deteriorate after half or an hour.
Is sugarcane juice good for colds?
Sugarcane juice acts as an antioxidant, which is an effective anti-influenza. Its juice can be drunk during cold and flu.
Over to You:
I hope you have enjoyed reading the health benefits of sugarcane juice along with other stuff.
Now I want to listen from you.
For which purpose you are going to try sugarcane juice?
Would you like to drink simple sugarcane juice or you will try sugarcane and ginger slush?
Let me know by leaving a quick comment below.
P.S: If you think your friends would like this too, I would love you to share it.
Thanks – you rock!